Saturday, February 20, 2010

Corn Muffins-Fail




Lola passed corn, so I was super excited to make her a safe(or so I thought) corn muffin. I gave it to her and she LOVED it! She was so happy. A few hours later she had a GI reaction. We still aren't sure why exactly. Her Allergist said she can only assume there was some sort of cross-contamination in the mix. Bummer. It was upsetting knowing I gave her something that made her react. The Allergist was very reassuring. Unfortunately at this point, we are at a "trail foods" for everything. We still avoid top Allergens but Lola seems to have reactions to this that aren't "ordinary". So she gets better and we move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment